Growing up lasagna was one of my favorites, once i became vegan i thought i would never be able to enjoy it again. After trying a few times and failing, i began to really think there was no possible way at a healthy yet yummy lasagna using no animal products.., until last night. I ran to the store, got some ingredients and within a few hours my family was in love (even the ones who are not vegan) It’s nothing to special, actually it was pretty easy, but the flavor is amazing! Hope you enjoy!
– For the noodles i used regular lasagna noodles (only 2 ingredients were in mine, make sure to be careful, some are loaded with chemicals. Organic or fresh are best)
– For the sauce i use tomato and basil (use your favorite or homemade)
– Now to the fun part, the stuffing, as i call it. You will need –
- Extra firm tofu
- can of garbanzo beans
- chopped spinach and/or any desired greens
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast (1-2 cups)
Firstly i smash tofu and garbanzo beans in a bowl (will start to look like crumbles), then i add additional ingredients and spices as desired. Once fully combined, set to side.
- Once your tomato sauce is ready, add small layer of it to bottom of your lasagna pan.
- Lay noodles on top (make sure the are not over lapping) and spread a layer of your tofu mix
- Cover in layer of tomato sauce
- Sprinkle light layer of your vegan cheese of choice
(Repeat 1-2 times)
- For top layer put noodles, then good portion of tomato sauce and your cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered at 350
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Should make enough for a family of 4-5, or enough to have left overs for days (If you have good self control 😉
Thanks for checking out this recipe! Make sure to subscribe to get many more, plus exclusive deals and more
xoxo ~ Rachel Christina